Our Mission – ADVOCATING FOR CHILDREN’S TRUE BEST INTERESTS
National Parents Organization, a 501 (c)(3), improves the lives of children and strengthens society by protecting every child’s right to the love and care of both parents after separation or divorce. We seek better lives for children through family court reform that establishes equal rights and responsibilities for fathers and mothers.
National Parents Organization’s goal is to make shared parenting the norm by reforming the family courts and laws in every state.
National Parents Organization’ vision is a society in which:
- Children are happier and more successful because their loving bonds are protected after parental separation or divorce;
- Children have a natural right to be nurtured and guided by both parents;
- Society treats fathers and mothers as equally important to the well-being of their children;
- Shared parenting after separation or divorce is the norm;
- The courts arrange finances after separation or divorce so that both mothers and fathers can afford to house and care for their children and themselves; and
- Our society understands and respects the essential role of fathers.
Our core principles are:
- Shared Parenting: Shared parenting protects children’s best interests and the loving bonds children share with both parents after separation or divorce.
- Parental Equality: Equality between genders has been extended to every corner of American society, with one huge exception: family courts and the related agencies.
- Respect for Human and Property Rights: The Supreme Court of the United States has found that “the interest of parents in the care, custody, and control of their children… is perhaps the oldest of the fundamental liberty interests recognized by this Court.”