|Introducing Fathers and Families Revamped Facebook Page–We Want You to Be a Part of It
Fathers and Families invites our members, activists, and supporters to visit our improved Facebook page. We encourage all of you to promote our page amongst your friends and family members.
How to Get Started
1. Click the “Like” button at the top of our Facebook page to be added as a fan of the page and to receive Action Alerts and other updates with Facebook messages. Clicking “Like” allows you to access other features on the page.
2. Click the “Share” button, in bottom left corner of our Facebook page, to place a description and to link to our page on your wall to let all your friends know you support us.
3. Click the ‘Suggest to Friends’ item in the left menu under our logo. Then please:
- Highlight/Click everyone who may support the cause. (You may be surprised who joins and who doesn’t, so may as well invite everyone.)
- Type a sentence or two why you would like them to join.
- Click ‘Send Invitations’ button in bottom left of the friend selection window.
An Opportunity for Fathers and Families Supporters
Our improved Facebook page offers our activists the opportunity to:
- Stay in the loop. All new Fathers and Families content will appear in your news feed as it is added, if your settings allow. Never again will you be the last to know–your news feed is the first page you see when you log in and when you click “Home.”
- “Attend” an Action Alert. This lets everyone else know you did your part and shows your friends that you support the Action.
- “Share” any item that appears on our page, so that all your friends will see it in their news feeds and when they visit your Facebook page.
- Listen, watch, or read our most recent media coverage. Share your thoughts with other supporters by commenting on the content.
- Join the discussion. Our page has a discussion board to share ideas, news, and opinions. (All posts are moderated, and are required to adhere to the Fathers and Families’ Facebook Posting Policies and Rules.)
We are looking for volunteer moderators–if you’re interested, please fill out our volunteer form and write “Facebook Moderator” in the “How You Can Help” box.
To contact our Facebook page administrators, simply email Facebook@fathersandfamilies.org.
Together with you in the love of our children,
Glenn Sacks, MA
Executive Director, Fathers and Families
Ned Holstein, M.D., M.S.
Founder, Chairman of the Board, Fathers and Families
F & F’s Robinson Discusses Our Military Parent Bill on NBC San Diego
At Fathers and Families we receive many letters from divorced or separated military servicemembers with painful but preventable family law problems.
This year Fathers and Families worked closely with Assemblyman Paul Cook, the American Retirees Association, and others on AB 2416, which California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed recently. The bill addresses several of the child custody and visitation problems suffered by deployed servicemembers–to learn more, click here.
Recently Fathers and Families’ legislative representative Michael Robinson discussed AB 2416 on NBC San Diego. To watch, click here.
Media Opportunity–Are You a Father Who Is/Was/Have You Been Your Children’s Primary Caregiver?
Fathers and Families has been contacted by a major national magazine which is doing a story on couples switching primary caregiver/breadwinner roles. They are looking for couples who “have switched back and forth between stay at home mom and stay at home dad during the marriage.”
The couples’ age range can be late 20s to early 40s.
If this is you, please send your name, contact info. and a brief description of your situation to us at email@example.com.
Please do not respond unless your situation is appropriate.