NATIONAL PARENTS ORGANIZATION
PRESS RELEASE: Source alert
November 5, 2016
Amid news of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s divorce and child custody battle, child custody expert Dr. Ned Holstein, Founder and Board Chair of National Parents Organization, is available to serve as a media source on the best interests of the children.
Dr. Holstein has previously shared his expertise on the ways in which shared parenting is best for children when parents divorce with media including:
· USA Today, “Report: States Fail on Shared Parenting Laws”
· New York Daily News, “How to Tell Your Kids You’re Getting Divorced”
· PBS (WGBH Boston), “Family Court System Under Scrutiny”
· Huffington Post, “Involving Dads in Lives of Children Born out of Wedlock”
· NPR (KCUR Kansas City), “The Challenges and Benefits of Co-Parenting”
· Baltimore Sun, “Joint Custody Should be the Rule, Not the Exception”
Dr. Holstein’s background includes:
· Appointed by the Governor of Massachusetts to the Massachusetts Working Group on Child-Centered Family Law
· Appointed by a Massachusetts Chief Justice to a task force charged with reviewing and revising the state’s child support guidelines
· Harvard College graduate
· Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduate, master’s degree in psychology
· Mount Sinai School of Medicine graduate, medical degree
· Mount Sinai School of Medicine faculty, teacher and researcher
Of the Jolie-Pitt divorce and custody battle news, Dr. Holstein has said, “Angelina and Brad basked in the glow of universal praise when they adopted three children out of impoverished third world countries. But now they will be put to the test: will they now do what is best for these children, or will they re-traumatize them?”
Dr. Holstein added, “If Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt want to live up to the humanitarian standards they have set, they should minimize the trauma on their children by choosing shared parenting.”
To arrange an interview with Dr. Holstein, please contact Nancy Rigdon at nancyrigdon@nationalparentsorganiza<a< a=””> name=”_GoBack”>tion.org.
ABOUT NATIONAL PARENTS ORGANIZATION
National Parents Organization, a charitable and educational 501 (c)(3) organization, seeks better lives for children through family law reform that establishes equal rights and responsibilities for fathers and mothers after divorce or separation. The organization is focused on promoting shared parenting and preserving a child’s strong bond with both parents, which is critically important to their emotional, mental, and physical health. In 2014, National Parents Organization released the Shared Parenting Report Card, the first study to rank the states on child custody laws. Visit the National Parents Organization website at www.nationalparentsorganization.org.