This is a highest-priority action alert for Massachusetts residents. This chance to promote shared parenting in Massachusetts will not come around again for two years, so act now!
1) Please call your state Representative and Senator (the ones on Beacon Hill, not the ones in Washington) and ask them to be “a co-sponsor of our shared parenting bill.’
2) You do not need to be an expert on this subject–you just need to tell them you are a voter in their district and then make the ask. You will probably be connected to an aide — that is not an insult, it is standard, and it is OK.
3) Here is some information that your state Representative and Senator will want to know:
a. Name of the bill: An Act Supporting Children and Strengthening Families
b. Docket Number: HD03194
c. Lead Sponsor: Representative John Scibak (D-South Hadley) (pronounced “Sigh-back’)
4) If you do not know who your state Representative and Senator are, find out:
a. Go to http://www.malegislature.gov/People/FindMyLegislator and type in your address. Once this website shows the names of your Representative and Senator, you can just click on their names and you will get their phone numbers.
5) If you or your Representative and Senator want to know more about the bill, you can find:
a. A one-paragraph summary of the bill plus the text of the bill here.
b. A one-page summary of the bill here.
6) No matter what they say or don’t say, please remain polite and respectful, and do not argue.
7) Lastly, let me know what they say!! Just email me at email@example.com.
This is highest priority and deadline-limited — please act now!
Together with you in the love of our children,
Ned Holstein, MD, MS
Founder and Chair of the Board