August 5, 2020
Dear National Parents Organization Supporter
I’m writing with exciting news! National Parents Organization is making available, free of charge, video recordings from the most significant shared parenting conference ever held.
NPO, in collaboration with the International Council on Shared Parenting (ICSP), brought together the world’s leading researchers on child well-being and separated parenting in order to address the most pressing questions about shared parenting when parents live apart:
- We know that shared parenting is correlated with better outcomes for children but is that because it actually causes those better outcomes or is just correlated with factors that do so?
- Is shared parenting good for children even when the parents are experiencing (nonviolent) conflict and don’t both agree to a shared parenting plan?
- Is shared parenting appropriate for infants and toddlers?
- Is there a benefit to children of having a legal presumption of shared parenting?
The renowned experts addressing these, and other, questions about shared parenting include, among others:
- Malin Bergström, PhD, Psychology, Karolinska Institut, Sweden
- Sanford Braver, PhD, Psychology, Arizona State University
- William Fabricius, PhD, Psychology, Arizona State University
- Jennifer Harman, PhD, Psychology, Colorado State University
- Edward Kruk, PhD, Sociology, University of British Columbia
- Michael Lamb, PhD, Psychology, University of Cambridge
- Linda Nielsen, PhD, Education, Wake Forest University
- Richard Warshak, PhD, author
The groundbreaking research of these, and other participants in the conference, clearly supports the conclusion that, if we make the well-being of children our priority, shared parenting should be the norm when parents live apart.
It is vitally important to the well-being of children whose parents live apart that the best research on separated parenting be appreciated by parents, legislators, judges and divorce professionals, as well as the general public. Because of this, NPO has chosen to make the videos from this important conference available to all at no cost. We just ask that viewers register on the website.
We urge you to watch these videos and to share them with others, especially legislators, attorneys, mediators, guardians ad litem, and others. Help NPO bring the best research available to the attention of those who most need to be aware of it!