Dallas, TX–Over the past three days Dallas Area Rapid Transit has been bombarded with several thousand calls and letters protesting the anti-father domestic violence ads depicted above. Our campaign has received considerable media coverage on television, radio, and in newspapers. Over 60 Domestic Violence Authorities, Educators, and Mental Health, Medical, & Family Law Professionals have endorsed our campaign against these ads, including some of the world’s leading experts on Domestic Violence.
Not only are the ads offensive to fathers, but they are hurtful to children, who won’t understand their underlying message. What’s a boy to think when he sees a picture of a boy who says “When I grow up, I’ll beat my wife”? DART is being pushed hard but they haven’t seen the light yet and more activism is needed. What you need to do is:
- Email Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert and the Dallas City Council by clicking here. They told me they are aware of the crisis, but they need to see the widespread support we have.
- Call Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert at 214/670-4054
- Call Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dr. Elba Garcia at 214/670-4052
- Call Dallas Deputy Mayor Dwaine Caraway at 214/670-7056
- Call Dallas City Council members–for a list of their names and phone numbers, click here.
- Fill out DART’s customer feedback form. DART spokesman Morgan Lyons told the Dallas Observer that he hadn’t received many of those, aand the reason is that we hadn’t asked you to do it. Please do it now by clicking here.
To learn more about our campaign, click here.